Friday, May 9, 2014

A Mix of Gladiolus

Wow! I have never done this many challenges at one time. I did it with MariLynn's encouragement. We decided to use the same stamp set....we'll see how hers comes out as she makes some rocking pieces of artwork. This was made for the sketch challenge, for the ways to use it which was to use our birth flower...mine is gladiolus. Also done for the free for all which is delightfully rumpled...I am always a fan of distressing and our MIX today is to take it away. This part I struggled with a bit and I have paint up to my elbows to prove it! About my 6th attempt, I was happy. I finally decided to paint a piece of gumball card stock, emboss it and then sand the black away...I like how it came out. I heated the ribbon up to give it a "rumpled" look, too. I also splattered some thinned white acrylic paint with a toothbrush and added black stickler to the flowers.
I miss crafting...where do the hours in the day go?

~Pam




Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2517226#ixzz31EvFhPnL

2 comments: